Which pathways are offered?
We offer two pathways:
- Information Support and Services [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to test and evaluate computer network systems, set up or repair computer equipment and related devices, and help customers solve computer-related problems.
- Programming and Software Development [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to learn the language of computers, create software programs, maintain computer systems and software, and help others solve computer program-related issues.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Examples of jobs include:
- Network Administrator
- Game Developer
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Security Analyst or Architect
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer Support Specialist—$23/hour
- Network Administrator—$36/hour
- Software Developer—$49/hour
- Multimedia Arts—$30/hour
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016–17 Edition, www.bls.gov/ooh/home.htm.